How to Stop Dandruff?
There are many easily available, highly effective, and amazing home remedies at your reach that you can give a try every day to get rid of dandruff permanently.
However, to do all this, you need to prepare certain ingredients and combine them all correctly. Once this is done, there is a set method you need to use, and this will help you get rid of those disgusting flags that lower your confidence levels.
How to stop dandruff? It’s a question many people frequently ask. Here below are the 15 simple and effective home remedies that will help you get rid of dandruff entirely and answer your query about how to stop dandruff.
1. Coconut Oil with Lemon
Coconut oil is one of the essential oils that people use to keep their hair nourished, and when Coconut oil is combined with a bit of lemon juice, it can effectively cure dandruff. This mix is also an easy home remedy to get rid of those little flats that undermine your confidence. Follow these simple tips given below to get rid of your dandruff permanently.
There are other 11 best essentials oils for hair growth and nourishment.
Preparing Coconut Oil with Lemon:
Follow these simple steps and remove dandruff immediately:
- First, take two tablespoons of coconut oil, heat the oil, and mix them evenly with lemon juice.
- Once this is done, you can message this mix on your scalp and gently rub your hair.
- Once you have done this, leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash it with shampoo.
Note: This is one of the easiest ways that can help you to stop dandruff and help to maintain a healthy scalp and hair. You need to remember that all the procedures listed above need to be followed in the said process.
It is difficult to find a good home remedy to treat dandruff, especially using curd is messy. But applying curd to your hair makes it very effective in treating dandruff.
Curd preparation to treat dandruff:
Here below are the simple steps to follow while using curd for treating dandruff curd.
- First, apply little curd to your hair and scalp.
- Let it dry at least for an hour or more.
- Rinse if off applying shampoo.
3. Egg Yolk
Biotin is the main vitamin you can find in egg yolk. Biotin is very effective in treating hair and scalp problems, and It nourishes the hair. Egg yolks protein act as a natural conditioner for your hair by making it healthy and shiny.
Egg Yolk Preparation:
- Egg yolk preparation is very simple. You only need the yolk so remove the white or protein layer around the yolk. Here are some simple steps to make egg yolk.
- First, you need to keep your scalp and hair dry before applying egg yolk. Apply the egg yolk on dry scalp and hair.
- After thoroughly applying egg yolk, you need to cover your hair. You can use hair caps or bathroom shower caps for an hour.
- Wash your hair gently using shampoo. Sometimes you may need to wash your hair twice to remove the bad smell of egg yolk.
Note: You can try this treatment three times a week for effective dandruff treatment.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Treating dandruff at home requires some easily available ingredients, and you should use them properly to get the best results. Once you mix all the ingredients properly and follow the process, you can stop dandruff.
ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) is said to be one of the best natural remedies for dandruff. However, there is a set procedure when you need to fix the paste.
Here are some simple steps you need to know when preparing apple cider vinegar.
Preparing for Apple Cider Vinegar:
- Add apple cider vinegar to the water (equal parts) and set aside.
- Washing your hair first, then you can apply this mixture to your wet hair.
- Gently comb your hair with the mixture
- Leave to 15 minutes to dry, and then you can wash it off.
Note: You can do this every time you wash your head. Also, remember that you cannot overuse apple cider vinegar on your hair, which means you should not use it daily. It is better to use it once every two days to get the best output.
5. Apply Mehendi
You can cure dandruff using Mehendi. Mehendi is very effective and works well on your hair and softening it. Here below is the process to prepare the right mehndi blend for your hair.
Mehndi needs to be appropriately adjusted, and this combination has a definite way in which it needs to be adjusted.
- First, mix the mehndi with curd and a little lemon juice
- Once the pasta is ready, keep it aside for 8 hours.
- The paste would be ready to use after keeping it for 8 hours; you can apply it to your hair, covering the entire scalp.
- Let it dry on your hair for two hours, and then wash it off.
Note: Follow the instructions listed above carefully, and you will see the difference. Mehndi is natural, and this is another easy way to get rid of dandruff easily.
6. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek seeds are used as a remedy for dandruff. Also, it is known as methi seeds; this following process needs to be followed correctly.
Preparing Fenugreek Seeds:
Fenugreek benefits people suffering from low blood sugar and increases testosterone, and produces milk production in mothers. Fenugreek has many benefits, such as controlling cholesterol levels and keeping your appetite in control.
Here below are some simple, useful tips you need to know while preparing the fenugreek seeds paste to get rid of dandruff.
- First, in a small bowl of water, put some fenugreek seeds and soak them overnight.
- Grind the soaked fenugreek seeds when you get up in the morning to paste them. Then add little lemon juice to the paste and mix well.
- Once the mix is ready, apply it to your skin and scalp and leave it to dry for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, you can wash your hair with a mild shampoo and allow your hair to dry.
7. Neem juice
Neem is an excellent remedy for reducing the dryness of the scalp. It can reduce skin infections and itchiness.
You can find neem as one main ingredient in many hair products. Neem is easily available.
Preparation of Neem paste:
- First, you need to crush some neem leaves to form a thick paste.
- Next, you need to apply this paste to your hair and scalp and let it dry for at least 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes of application, you can wash your hair with water.
8. Orange Peel
Orange peel is said to be an effective remedy for dandruff at home. But you need to know the process of preparing this mix.
Orange Peel Preparation:
The orange peel contains vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, and dietary fiber. It’s good for your body. However, when it comes to your hair and treating dandruff, the orange peel is very effective. Orange peel preparation should be done as follows and applied to your scalp and hair to eliminate dandruff. Here are some tips to help you get rid of dandruff.
- Take a bowl and keep the grated orange peel; add fresh lemon juice into it.
- Mix the ingredients properly and grind the mix with the help of a mixer grinder to make it a paste.
- Apply the mixture thoroughly on your scalp and hair and let it sit for at least 30 minutes for an effective result.
- After this is done, you can wash it with an anti-dandruff shampoo.
Note: The above-listed process is very simple. You need to follow it three to four times weekly. It helps to get rid of dandruff and keep your scalp and hair healthy.
Vinegar is readily available; it has many medicinal properties. Vinegar kills harmful fungus and effective remedy for dandruff. These properties also help in the treatment of various skin-related problems such as itchy scalp and acne.
Here are some simple steps you need to take when you prepare the vinegar.
- First, you will need 2 cups of vinegar and one cup of water as the main ingredients.
- Next, you need to boil vinegar and set it aside to cool.
- Then mix a one-eighth cup of water with vinegar.
- Once this is done, you can use this vinegar-water mix to clean your scalp and, after that, wash your hair with shampoo.
Note: You can do this in the early morning before applying the shampoo to your hair. Vinegar reduces the itchiness and dryness of the scalp and helps to get rid of dandruff.
10. Green tea
Green tea contains many antioxidants and antifungal properties. Both these antifungals and antioxidants help to nourish hair and remove scalp problems. For dandruff treatment, all you need is to use cool green tea on your hair and scalp. This simple use of green tea is very effective in treating dry scalp and dandruff. You can feel the difference with every use of it.
Preparing Green Tea:
You can use the following steps and processes to try green tea as a home remedy for dandruff treatment.
- First, you can take two green tea bags and some hot water as significant ingredients.
- After that, add the green tea bags in hot water for 20 minutes till the tea gets appropriately dissolved in hot water and allow it to cool down.
- Once it gets cools down, you can put green tea on your head and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, you can rinse your hair with normal water.
Note: This can be followed in the morning when you take a shower. Green tea is one of the easiest ways to treat dandruff naturally at home.
11. Basil leaves
Basil leaves are readily available herbs. You can grow it at your home in a vase.
Basil leaf is one of the very effective natural home remedies for dandruff.
These leaves contain antibacterial and antifungal agents that can cure serious problems. These leaves can also help your scalp and hair to stay strong and healthy.
Basil leaves preparation:
Here below is the process of preparing basil leaves to cure dandruff and other hair-related problems.
- First, you need some basil leaves, two teaspoons of amla powder, and two teaspoons of water.
- Make a paste mixing all these ingredients.
- Once the pasta is ready, rub it on your scalp and let it dry for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, you can wash your hair with water.
Note: You can try this daily. By doing this, the strength of your hair will increase, and this will help prevent hair loss as well.
12. Olive Oil
Olive oil is another excellent source of nutrition that can provide a lot of benefits for your hair. You can apply olive oil to your hair, and this will help to strengthen your hair.
Olive Oil Preparation:
Olive oil preparation is the simplest way to get rid of dandruff. Here below are the simple steps you need to follow while using olive oil:
- First, take some extra virgin olive oil and apply it to your hair.
- After 10 minutes, you can wash your hair gently with shampoo, or for better results, you can keep it more time applying on your hair.
Note: In some cases, you can apply olive oil at bedtime. Wrap your head in a towel and let it absorb the remaining oil.
13. Listerine Mouthwash
Listerine mouthwash contains antifungal properties. This property of Listerine and other such products is very effective in preventing fungus growth on the scalp.
Listerine Mouthwash Preparation:
Here’s what you need to do with Listerine mouthwash. Follow these simple steps, and you can remove dandruff.
- Take one teaspoon of Listerine mouthwash and nine teaspoons of water.
- Take a small bowl and mix the mouthwash and the water.
- Apply the mix on your scalp with a gentle massage.
- Once this has been done, be sure to wash it off using an anti-dandruff shampoo that will help wash away all the harmful bacteria.
14. Bananas With Apple Cider Vinegar
Bananas and apple cider vinegar make an excellent choice for dandruff removal. Bananas are rich in vitamin B and help blood circulation on your scalp.
Apple cider vinegar is known for its effective antifungal properties. It can kill the fungus effectively and help to treat dandruff.
Apple Cider Vinegar and Banana Preparation:
You can follow these simple steps and prepare the mix to get rid of dandruff.
- As ingredients, you will need one whole banana and 2 cups of apple cider vinegar.
- Once the ingredients are ready, peel the bananas and place them in a small bowl. Along with this, you can add the apple cider vinegar.
- Make a paste thoroughly mixing these ingredients.
- Then, apply this paste to your scalp and hair by massaging it properly.
- Let it dry for 20 minutes, and wash your hair with regular water and shampoo.
Note: You should try this method early in the morning before having your shower.
Garlic has a good source of antifungal properties that eliminate certain harmful micro bacteria responsible for persistent itchy scalp and dandruff.
Below are the simple tips you need to follow while using garlic paste on your scalp and hair.
- Take few cloves of garlic and one teaspoon of honey as ingredients.
- Once the ingredients are ready, mix them and prepare a smooth paste.
- After that, you can apply it to your scalp and leave it for 15 minutes to dry.
- After 15 minutes of application, wash your hair with some shampoo.
Note: You can try this natural method in the morning time to get rid of dandruff. Garlic is very effective in stopping dandruff.
How can you cure dandruff forever?
Yes, this is one of the frequently asked questions on dandruff; removal of dandruff is sometimes very tedious. However, if you follow these simple steps every day, you can prevent them from affecting you. Also, these simple steps are effective for those who suffer from dandruff, dry and itchy scalp.
- Try to understand your hair and scalp condition and choose the right kind of shampoo, preferably mild anti-dandruff shampoo, which can help avoid overuse.
- Always keep your hair and scalp clean. It would be best if you can wash your head every three days.
- Always try to use your comb to avoid infections from others.
- Insomnia, stress can cause dandruff. So try to take proper sleep and rest after hectic working.
- Try to cover your hair while traveling to avoid dust and pollutants.
- Also, make sure you use herbal products to treat dandruff. You can find harmful chemicals in shampoos, and sometimes these chemicals can cause dandruff.
Note: Do not comb your hair using other people’s hair brushes. Also, be sure to wash your hair once every two days. Regular cleaning taking good care of hair and scalp helps prevent dandruff.
Disclaimer: The information on this site is for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace medical care by a health care professional. These are all simple home remedies for treating dandruff and dry scalp. The readers are advised to take experts’ opinions before using any of these methods.